Monday, June 10, 2013

Yeehaw! It's a news roundup.

You know how this works by now.

Morality isn't dead

The man who leaked details of US spying habits has revealed himself to be Edward Snowden. He says his reasons for leaking the information he did were because he felt it was immoral. Good on you Mr Snowden for risking so much to try and protect people's freedom. Unfortunately he now risks prosecution in the United States, so he is seeking asylum. I hope he finds it.

The worst terrorists in the world

Six men were sentenced today for plotting to bomb and English Defence League Rally. These were the same men who had previously attempted to bomb a rally, but turned up late, finding that everyone had packed up and gone home. The reason why this time they were caught is because they hadn't insured their car and were pulled over by police. I'm not a terrorist but I imagine Avoid the Police is somewhere near Rule No.1 in the Big Book of Terrorism. I would also like to point out that I am in no way whatsoever defending the EDL, I just don't think exploding them would do much good. This whole story wouldn't have happened if there weren't racists groups like the EDL. Unfortunately some Islamic idiots wanted to harm some white, British idiots. Don't tar people with the same brush.

Nelson Mandela

Sadly Nelson Mandela is in hospital again and his condition is described as serious but stable. I, like millions of other people I'm sure, sincerely hope he pulls through. I think you'll have to wait a long time to find a tougher, more resilient or more inspiring man than Nelson Mandela. Get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment